You think that when you become an OMG (Old Money Guy or Old Money Gal) that all your problems would vanish.
Sadly, such is not the case. Life still presents its challenges. Listed below are a few Old Money problems. (I know, it’s awful.)
1. You receive a huge financial windfall, decide to buy a new pair of shoes, but still wait for them to go on sale. Why? you ask yourself over and over again.
2. You go on a family vacation, and your luggage is lost. You have to wear your dad’s clothes for a week. Nobody notices. (And you’re his daughter.)
3. Nothing you own, do, or want is “trending.”
4. You belong to a support group whose members are still grieving the discontinuation of the Volvo DL series sedan.
5. That awkward silence you experience when you ask a new acquaintance what they’re reading.
6. That same silence when the same new acquaintance complains of not having any money while digging for change in her $1200.00 purse.
6. How to respond when the name “Kardashian” comes up in conversation.
7. Someone tells you they paid $5000.00 for “bottle service” at a nightclub. You find out what “bottle service” is, and, when you wake up, paramedics are leaning over you, asking if you’re alright.
Hang in there, people.